Wednesday, May 26, 2010

30-Day TRUE WOMAN Make-Over Day 26

TODAY is the day... I am wishing my sweetheart, bestest friend, love of my life, 'worship warrior', and man of my dreams a wonderful, blessed and awesome Birthday... I LOVE YOU BABE! Happy Birthday Mark! -- "This is your little birthday song, and it isn't very long..." xoxoxox


Today's topic (coincidentally is...) - LETTING GOD SHAPE YOUR HUSBAND!
(how fitting for his birthday!)
Today's verse is PROVERBS 31:26 - "She speaks with wisdom, and faithful instruction is on her tongue."

Some start-off quotes from the devotional are:
• The best marriage is nothing more than two sinners continually humbling themselves and knowing how to get to the cross to find the grace of God.



• Your husband’s strengths and weaknesses are exactly what God knew you needed for you to become the woman God wanted you to be.


• It's your job to love your husband; it's God’s job to change him.
 
As a married woman of only 7 years (this August 30th will be 7), I cannot give alot of marital advice. There are NO perfect marriages, same as there are NO perfect people or Christians, however through LOVE and the GRACE and MERCY of God you can have an 'almost-perfect' one! I find that to be true with my marriage. My husband and I have similar characteristics, likes and dislikes. We DO NOT argue or fight as many others do. Now don't get me wrong, we do have the odd 'disagreement', but that's hardly a 'fight'. This is all through the GRACE of God I know. We both 'waited patiently' for the 'RIGHT' one to come along, and I am soooooooooo glad that I did. I am so glad that I didn't GIVE UP, GIVE IN or SETTLE. (see my devotion here on 'Hope vs. Settle') The two of us are different, yes, he is much more introverted, and I am much more extroverted. However, the two of us can pull out a more 'opposite' side when needed. We both love the Lord obviously, and we are spiritually on the same level and journey (which is important), as the man is definitely to be the 'spiritual head' of the home.
 
It is sad to me when I hear other women talking down about, or degrading their husband (or boyfriend/fiance/future spouse or even their 'ex'). Just this past week, I heard women talking, and the one said 'I wish I could kill him'... 'every woman wishes she could kill her husband'. WOW, I was quick to speak up, and she was also quick to respond that we've only been married a few years, come back and see her when we are 25+ years married. Just crazy!!!
 
I am so blessed to know that God gave me this gift, and I have to overlook annoying habits, etc, same as he has to overlook mine. LOL! I believe I have much more annoying things about me, than he has about himself. When I hear other women 'complaining' about their husband or ALL men in general, I am quick to add in NOT ALL MEN/HUSBANDS. It is also sad to me to see a fellow Christian sister/woman 'settle' for 2nd best... being stuck in an 'up-hill battle' that they are trying to make work for their good. Sometimes, yes God will annoint and bless and surprise us all with the outcome... yet sometimes the woman 'tries to change him' herself. We need to remember that we aren't the ones who can 'change' him, (as the quote above states) "It's your job to love your husband; it's God’s job to change him." We also need to seek out and LISTEN to Spiritual advice. But that's another story... As you can tell there are people in my life who are doing just this... I am tired of/saddened/heartbroken when I hear women say that they are 'too old', 'too old and past child-bearing years', 'too much money spent', 'but his kids are so attached to me already...' --- NOTHING IS IMPOSSIBLE WITH GOD! If you are struggling with your self-worth... remember YOU ARE WORTH IT! You are WORTH the BEST that God has for you... don't settle if you don't have to! Sometimes YES, He can turn around and become the GREATEST Evangelist in your neighbourhood, but sometimes if he is spiritually underneath you, he will either drag you down, or just not be involved at all.
 
My husband and I are at the 'worldly peak of child-bearing years' and we both have GREAT FAITH in God that He will provide us with the family that we desire, and that He has promised the two of us years ago. Now I don't have any vision stories to tell you, with sex, names, etc... like others may have (or you may have), but I do know I HAVE A GOD THAT IS GREATER than any worldly scientific facts. The 'worldly' child-bearing years are NOTHING for GOD! (If you also walk in FAITH, believe with us in prayer! If you are struggling in this situation, please don't hesitate to contact me to chat or pray!)
 
We have to 'ALLOW GOD to SHAPE our HUSBANDS'... as He wants him to become the man He created Him to be. If you are truly in the RIGHT relationship with your husband, YOU are part of that original plan! How cool to know that GOD did indeed create YOU for your MATE!!! If we keep trying to change our man, and make him into who we want him to be, we are stopping the work of the Spirit in his life, and that is a BIG responsibilty and BIG shoes to fill. If this is you, LET GO and LET GOD!
 
I am totally in love with my husband, he is the 'Spiritual Head' of our home, but I am also there to be his HELPMATE and to SUPPORT and REMIND him. If his prayer life/devotional life is slacking, I need to remind him (and I expect him to do the same for me). When we were married that beautiful August day in 2003, we made vows to each other... and they were not just made to sound good for that day, they are to last a lifetime. We based our vows on 1Corinthians 13. This is the 2nd most important COVENANT relationship... the first of course is our COVENANT relationship with God... the 3rd is with our CHURCH. Too many people today, just 'walk away' from covenants, and cannot be trusted at their 'word'. But remember, ONE WORD FROM GOD CAN CHANGE EVERYTHING!!
 
Love you Mark ... to Pluto (& back)! <3
 

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
BE BLESSED & BE A BLESSING!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Check out 'THE ME I WANT TO BE'/'MONVEE' Intro Video By John Ortberg

I WRITE LIKE... (Click the link below and 'Analyze your writing')

I write like
Anne Rice

I Write Like by Mémoires, Mac journal software. Analyze your writing!

Two are better than one...

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails